MASTER OF SCIENCE (MSc) in SYSTEM SECURITY
This programme has been discontinued from A.Y. 2021.
The MSc System Security is a master-level programme offered to graduated students at Symbiosis institute of computer studies and research, Pune, India. It is the perfect blend of technology implementation, application design, innovation, security, entrepreneurship, and ethics for the development of global citizens.
|OBJECTIVES||Government IT projects and Corporates are on alert to amplify and elevate their infrastructure and data security due to threats from hackers and cyber-terrorists. In this view, the customers have increased the requirements of securityprocedures dramatically.
With the growing demand of data and cyber security, we are aiming to develop the workforce with skill set to satisfy the need of this rapidly expanding, dynamic field.
The course will cover various aspect of security such as Netwok Security, Information Security, Regulations and compliance.
|DURATION||24 months (Full Time)|
|MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION||English|
|PROGRAMME PATTERN||Semester Pattern|
|ASSESSMENT||All internal courses will have 100% component as internal evaluation at the institute level. All external courses will have 60% internal component and 40% component as external (University) examination.|
|STANDARD OF PASSING||The assessment of the student for each examination is done, based on relative performance. Maximum Grade Point (GP) is 10 corresponding to O (Outstanding). For all courses, a student is required to pass both internal and external examination separately with a minimum Grade Point of 4 corresponding to Grade P. Students securing less than 40% absolute marks in each head of passing will be declared FAIL. The University awards a degree to the student who has achieved a minimum CGPA of 4 out of maximum of 10 CGPA for the programme|
|AWARD OF DEGREE||Master of Science (System Security) M.Sc. (SS) will be awarded at the end of semester IV examination by taking into consideration the performance of all semester examinations after obtaining minimum 4.00 CGPA out of 10 CGPA.|
Programmes Outcomes (POs)
- This program will generate workforce to cater the industry requirements in the area of Forensics Penetration Testing, Application Security, Security Assurance.
- It will enable students to recognize and describe the hidden security vulnerabilities problems and consequences of security failures.
- The program also focuses on the requirements of Business continuity planning and propose an implementation plan.
- Proficiency to automate the regulate auditing of fraudulent activities.
- Identity and Access Management is a major requirement to understand the process of authentication and authorisation. This program will enable the students to understand the importance of individual access to resources.
- Design and implementation of coding practices are required for secure software engineering. This program will facilitate the students to understand the practices for the security in software design.
MSc (SS) Batch 2020-22
Semester II Courses
- Database Administration – I
- Linux Server Essentials
- Network Programming
- Windows Server Essentials
- Security Policy Program and Development
- Incident and Disaster Management
- Integrated Disaster Management
Generic Elective Courses
- Flexi-Credit Course
- Mobile Forensics
- Network Forensics
Generic Elective Courses
MSc (SS) Batch 2019-21
Semester III Courses
- Identity and Access Management
- Virtualization and Security
- BCM DR and Crisis Response Management
- Infrastructure Security
- Pilot Project
General Elective Courses Group
General Elective Courses Group, Specialisation: Software Development
Orientation and Pedagogy
The MSc Computer Applications and MSc System Security are the master level programme offered to graduated students at Symbiosis institute of computer studies and research, Pune, India. They are the perfect blend of Technology implementation, application design, Innovation, Security, Entrepreneurship, and Ethics for development of global citizens.
The teaching/learning pedagogy followed for the curriculum delivery, is to provide students best of both face to face and online teaching by implementing blended learning methods and flipped classroom. This leads to a holistic and all-rounded learning experience for the master level students.
There is a balance of theoretical and practical courses with various specializations as per the contemporary demands in industry and research domain. This is achieved by having strong industry connect and guest lectures, projects, research paper writing and providing other such platforms. Experiential learning is an imperative aspect of overall teaching/learning process.
Students are encouraged to conduct dissertation, pilot project, research activities for getting the hands-on experiences in relation to the concepts taught in the class. Industrial visits are conducted, which leads to the improved understanding of the practical implications. Case studies are an integral part of the teaching pedagogy across the courses. Also students are significantly encouraged to learn from MOOCs using various platform made available.
Students are indulged in organizing surveys, quizzes, hackathons, and other co-curricular activities to develop and nurture leadership qualities. Various clubs are functional at the institute where students can organize and participate in creative activities.
Intake & Eligibility
|ELIGIBILITY||Graduate from any recognized university/Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes).|