Master of Business Administration (Information Technology)
The MBA (IT) programme at SICSR offers students a perfect blend of technology and management courses. This programme comprises five specialisations Banking and Finance, Data Analytics, IT Infrastructure Management, Marketing and Software Project Management. This degree prepares students to take up roles such as Business Analyst, IT Management Consultant, IT Architect, Data Processing Manager, Systems Software Manager and Product Manager, to name a few.
Experiential learning is a crucial component of the MBA (IT) syllabus here at SICSR. Students create a variety of pilot projects to test their theoretical topic understanding. Pedagogical methods such as case studies, role-plays, quizzes, and flip classrooms are used by our faculty members.. In addition, students are strongly encouraged to use the different learning avenues via MOOCs.
Students also learn about qualitative and quantitative analytic tools and techniques and how to employ them. We conduct quizzes, hackathons, and other co-curricular events to develop students’ leadership skills. In addition, there are various clubs within the institute where students may organise and participate in creative activities.
SICSR is endowed with innovative academic IT programmes, an outstanding student body, and dedicated staff members that work together to create a relevant, meaningful, and distinctly symbiotic educational experience.
|OBJECTIVES||To prepare students in applications of information technologies to deliver software solutions.
The program focuses on
|DURATION||24 months(Full Time)|
|SELECTION PROCEDURE||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test Score, Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test (GE-PIWAT)|
|MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION||English|
|ASSESSMENT||All internal courses will have 100% component as internal evaluation at the institute level. All external courses will have 60% internal component and 40% component as external (University) examination.|
|STANDARD OF PASSING||The assessment of the student for each examination is done, based on relative performance. Maximum Grade Point (GP) is 10 corresponding to O (Outstanding). For all courses, a student is required to pass both internal and external examination separately with a minimum Grade Point of 4 corresponding to Grade P. Students securing less than 40% absolute marks in each head of passing will be declared FAIL. The University awards a degree to the student who has achieved a minimum CGPA of 4 out of maximum of 10 CGPA for the programme.|
|AWARD OF DEGREE||Master of Business Administration (Information Technology) MBA(IT) degree will be awarded at the end of semester IV examination by taking into consideration the performance of all semester examinations after obtaining minimum 4.00 CGPA out of 10 CGPA.|
Minimum number of students should be 15 to opt for any specialisation and final decision, if number of students is less than 15, will be taken by the institute.
Programme Structure 2022-24
Programme Structure 2021-23
Programme Structure 2020-22
Programme Structure 2019-21
Programmes Outcomes (POs)
After Completion of the programme students are able to work as
- Application Programmer: Using latest methodologies, development tools, languages.
- Business Analyst: Business development, Pre-sales, Selection & Implementation of software solutions.
- Quality Analyst: Implementation of enterprise level quality models, design / implementation of software development processes, testing and technical documentation.
- Data Analyst and Imparting training in latest technologies.
- Exposure to best business practices and project management.
- Building team leadership qualities and management skills.
MBA (IT) Batch 2022-24
Semester I Courses
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Relational Database Management System
- Basic Business Statistics for Data Analysis
- Introduction to Python
- Research Methodology
- Software Engineering (Agile Practices)
- Web Development Frameworks
- Enterprise Resource Planning
MBA (IT) Batch 2021-23
Semester III Courses
Generic Core Courses
- ERP-Business Process Integration
- Technological Entrepreneurship
- Advanced Business Process Integration
- IT Tools and Techniques for Business
- IT Governance
- Technology in Business
- Research Publication
Specialization Core Courses: Banking and Financial Markets
- Credit Management
- Financial Services And Management
- IT Solution to Banking and Financial Markets II
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Mastering Python for Finance
- Financial Risk Management
Specialization Core Courses: Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence II
- Data Warehousing Applications and Analysis
- Fundamentals of Data Science
- Web Analytics
- Applied Data Analytics with Python
- Mobile Analytics
Specialization Core Courses: IT Infrastructure Management
- Data Center Infrastructure Management
- IS Risk Analysis and System Audit
- Understanding LDAP
- Advance Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Information Security Management
- Infrastructure Security
Specialization Core Courses: Marketing
- Fundamentals of Brand Management
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Analytics for Marketing
- Digital Marketing-1
- Social Media Marketing
- Advance Communication Research Methods
Specialization Core Courses: Software Process Management
Orientation and pedagogy
MBA (IT) programme at SICSR is offers perfect blend of technology and management courses to students. On very first day of this programme students are oriented with ice-breaking sessions and team building activities. This programme consists of five specializations Banking and Finance, Data Analytics, IT Infrastructure Management, Marketing and Software Project Management. Student will select any one specialization from semester-II. These specializations impart knowledge of latest technologies, current market trends and best business practices. The curriculum is designed in such a way that bridges the gap between industry and academics.
The teaching pedagogy focuses of hands on trainings on latest technologies used in business organizations. The sessions conducted at SICSR are mix of interactive sessions, case studies, learning by examples and developing projects in the area of information technology and business management. Guest sessions and Value Added Courses on latest technologies, tools and current industry trends are delivered to students by inviting industry experts as well as from our alumni. Field visits are organized to gain knowledge of various business operations. Students are encouraged to use MOOCs platform for learning purpose. Students at the semester IV have to undergo industry internship for entire semester which provides them practical knowledge, experiential learning and problem solving skills.
Intake & Eligibility
|ELIGIBILITY||Graduate from any recognized University/Institution of National Importance with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade (45% marks or equivalent grade for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes)|
SNAP 2023-25 IMPORTANT DATES
|SNAP and Programme Registration Begins||August 04, 2022 (Thursday)|
|Last Date to apply for SNAP||November 24,2022 (Thursday)|
|Last Date to pay for SNAP||November 24,2022 (Thursday)|
|SNAP Admit card live on(www.snaptest.org)||
|SNAP Test 2022||
|SNAP Result||January 10, 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date of Online Registration For Institute||Will update soon|
|Last Date of Payment of Registration fees For Institute||Will update soon|
|Announcement of shortlist for Group Exercise, Personal Interaction and Writing Ability Test||Will update soon|
|Group Exercise, Personal Interaction & WAT||Will update soon|
|Announcement of First Merit List||Will update soon|
|Last date for payment of fees for candidates in the First Merit List||Will update soon|
|Programme Commencement||Will update soon|
MBA (IT) 2022-24
|INDIAN STUDENTS||1st YEAR (Amount in INR)||2nd YEAR (Amount in INR)|
|1st Installment||2nd Installment||3rd Installment||4th Installment|
|Academic Fee (Per Annum)||2,23,000||2,23,000||2,23,000||2,23,000|
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)||20,000||–||–||–|
|Hostel Deposit (Refundable)||15,000||–||–||–|
|Hostel Fees(For 5 Months)||46,100||46,100||**|
|Mess Fees(For 5 Months)||39,000||39,000||**||**|
|Last Date of Payment||At the time of admission||25-Nov-2022||25-Jun-2023||25-Nov-2023|
|INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS||1st YEAR (USD equivalent to INR)||2nd YEAR (USD equivalent to INR)|
|1st Installment||2nd Installment||3rd Installment||4th Installment||5th Installment|
|Administrative Fees(Non Refundable)||40,000||–||–||–||–|
|Academic Fee(Per Annum)||45,000||2,70,000||3,55,000||3,35,000||3,35,000|
|Institute Deposit (Refundable)||20,000||–||–||–||–|
|Hostel Fees(For 5 Months)||–||46,100||46,100||**||**|
|Mess Fees(For 5 Months)||–||39,000||39,000||**||**|
|Last date of payment||At the time of acceptance of ‘Offer Letter'(USD equivalent to INR)||At the time of Reporting to SCIE||25-Nov-2022||25-Jun-2023||25-Nov-2023|
Students have to pay in USD equivalent to INR.
# 50% concession to be given only to Foreign National students on Administrative Fee
** Hostel and Mess fee can be increased up to 10% each year. Government taxes would be additional as and when applicable.
** Hostel and Mess fee for the subsequent year would be communicated before commencement of the next academic year
Rules regarding payment of fees – The students are required to pay the fees on or before the stipulated date. Late payment of fees is allowed in genuine cases only. In such cases the student has to submit written application to the Director and, on approval, has to pay the fees with a fine as per the SIU norms. After paying the fees and securing the admission if the student does not report to the SICSR office within a month from commencement of classes, his/her admission will stand cancelled and fees will be refunded as per the Refund Rules.
How to Apply
Every student of this institute shall abide by the rules of this institute, which may be updated from time to time. Admissions are subject to eligibility clearance from the University and will be confirmed only after payment of prescribed fees. Admissions will be cancelled in case of:
- Not submitting the required documents in time. Submission of fake or incorrect documents.
- Failing to fulfill required eligibility criteria of the respective programme
- Admissions sought by fraudulent means. Students carrying any backlog in the qualifying examination
- Rules regarding payment of fees -The students are required to pay the fees on or before the stipulated date. Late payment of fees is allowed in genuine cases only. In such cases the student has to submit written application to the Director and, on approval, has to pay the fees with a fine as per the SIU norms. After paying the fees and securing the admission if the student does not report to the SICSR office within a month from commencement of classes, his/her admission will stand cancelled and fees will be refunded as per the Refund Rules.
- For the subsequent years, students are required to register again as per the schedule declared from time to time by paying the prescribed fees for that year. In case of failure to pay the prescribed fees before the stipulated date a late fee as per SIU norms will be charged
- Important Admission Rule -Last date for admission: All admissions will be closed after one month from the start of the programme. Admissions after this last date will be done only with the prior permission of the Vice-Chancellor.
No Capitation is charged for Admission to any Programme at any Institute of Symbiosis
Symbiosis prides itself as an institution, which does not believe in the practice of capitation fees as a policy. No donation or capitation fee is required to be paid for admission.
Admissions of all International Students are done through Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE)
For more details, please visit http://www.scie.ac.in
Contact Details of SCIE
Symbiosis Center for International Education (SCIE)
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune – 411004
Tel: +91-(020)-25671905 Fax: +91-(020)-25673854