Objectives: Anti-Ragging Committee will be the Supervisory and Advisory Committee on matters of planning action for promoting and preserving a culture of Ragging Free Environment Campus.
Major Functions of Anti Ragging Committee
- ensure compliance with the provision of UGC regulation 2009 at the institute level
- monitor and oversee the performance of Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention of ragging in the institution
- take appropriate action in case an incident of ragging is reported by Anti-Ragging Squad of the institute and to further inform/get approval of action to be taken from University Anti-Ragging Committee.
Composition of Committee ( as directed by SIU)
- Chairperson (SIU)
- Representative of Civil community
- Representative of Police community
- Representative of Local Media
- Representative of Non–Government Organization involved in youth activities.
- Representative of Parents
- Representative of students belonging of fresher category (2) and senior students (2).
- Representative of Teaching Staff
- Representative of Non–Teaching Staff
Tenure: 3 years as per UGC norms
- make surprise raids on academic blocks/hostels and other places vulnerable to incidents of and having the potential of ragging.
- conduct on the spot enquiry/action in to any incident of ragging if noticed.
- shall maintain the record in the register of the surprise visits.
Internal Compliants Committee
Objectives: To build self-esteem and dignity among girl students and women staff members.
- To arrange services such as counseling, legal aid in case of atrocities against women.
- To educate regarding women rights among students and staffs.
- To evolve a permanent mechanism for the prevention and redressal of sexual harassment cases and other acts of gender-based violence at the Institute.
- To arrange programs regarding health, personality development etc.
- To ensure the implementation of the policy in letter and spirit through proper reporting of the complaints and their follow-up procedures.
Grievance Redressal Committee
Objective: Develop a responsive and accountable attitude among all the stakeholders in order to
maintain a conducive atmosphere in the Institute.
Major Functions: (as per SIU norms)
- arrange to place suggestion boxes at different paces within the Institute so as that students will express their view and feedback freely.
- Committee meets once at a regular interval to discuss and resolve the grievances, if any received in writing from the concerned students or anonymous representation.
- maintain the minutes of the meetings
- convey the decision of the committee to the aggrieved students in writing.